6 Novembre 2020 alle 22:15 #96830kukalPartecipante
(Frank McCourt, #1)
by Frank McCourt
- Format: paperback, 452 pages
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9780007205233 (0007205236)
- Series: Frank McCourt, #1
- Author: Frank McCourt
- Genres: memoir, biography, classics, ireland, autobiography, history, historical
- Release date: October 3, 2005
- Places: Limerick, New York State, Ireland
- Publisher: Harper Perennial
- Awards: Pulitzer Prize for Biography or Autobiography (1997), American Booksellers Book Of The Year Award for Adult Trade (1997), Audie Award for Nonfiction, Abridged (1997), Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Biography (1996), Exclusive Books Boeke Prize (1997)
- Characters: Frank McCourt
About The Book
Imbued on every page with Frank McCourt’s astounding humor and compassion. This is a glorious book that bears all the marks of a classic.
“When I look back on my childhood I wonder how I managed to survive at all. It was, of course, a miserable childhood: the happy childhood is hardly worth your while. Worse than the ordinary miserable childhood is the miserable Irish childhood, and worse yet is the miserable Irish Catholic childhood.”
So begins the Pulitzer Prize winning memoir of Frank McCourt, born in Depression-era Brooklyn to recent Irish immigrants and raised in the slums of Limerick, Ireland. Frank’s mother, Angela, has no money to feed the children since Frank’s father, Malachy, rarely works, and when he does he drinks his wages. Yet Malachy — exasperating, irresponsible and beguiling — does nurture in Frank an appetite for the one thing he can provide: a story. Frank lives for his father’s tales of Cuchulain, who saved Ireland, and of the Angel on the Seventh Step, who brings his mother babies.
Perhaps it is story that accounts for Frank’s survival. Wearing rags for diapers, begging a pig’s head for Christmas dinner and gathering coal from the roadside to light a fire, Frank endures poverty, near-starvation and the casual cruelty of relatives and neighbors — yet lives to tell his tale with eloquence, exuberance and remarkable forgiveness.
Angela’s Ashes, imbued on every page with Frank McCourt’s astounding humor and compassion, is a glorious book that bears all the marks of a classic.
Hardcover book Angela’s Ashes Frank McCourt download on Barnes & Noble. MP3 ebook Angela’s Ashes on iPhone. Paperback Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt read online Android on Book Depository. FB2 ebook Angela’s Ashes buy cheap.
PDF book Angela’s Ashes download. MOBI Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt read for PocketBook on Kobo. Online book Angela’s Ashes Frank McCourt buy. EPUB ebook Angela’s Ashes Mac on Audible.
- Devi essere connesso per rispondere a questo topic.